We’re making a difference for military families — join us.
The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN) is seeking a full-time director of operations and development to join our team. MFANis a national nonprofit with a simple mission: connect military families to decision makers and resources designed to serve them.
We are looking for a polished, hard-working, self-starting, flexible, individual to join our team (and we mean it when we say team). We work really hard because we believe in what we are doing, and we know we are making a difference. So, most importantly, a successful candidate will be committed to supporting military families and open to wearing multiple hats.
If you are eager to roll up your sleeves, contribute, and grow with us, we want to hear from you. Our organization is expanding quickly, and we need an experienced nonprofit operations and development expert who can help us build our infrastructure and position us for fast, sustainable, and impact-driven growth.
Responsibilities are organized in three key areas: operations, finance, and development.
- Manage day-to-day activities and equipment
- Advise and implement human resources systems
- Manage the hiring and onboarding of MFAN staff members
- Manage logistics related to Board meetings
- Develop monthly financial reports for the executive director and quarterly reports for the Board
- Upgrade, implement, and manage an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan and manage audits and tax filing
- Develop and enhance internal systems (e.g., intranet)
- Manage all compliance requirements
- Formulate, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services
- Advise the ED and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Design and execute MFAN’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Track, develop, and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Quickbooks, ADP, and Salesforce
- Demonstrated understanding of nonprofit compliance
This is a remote position. Travel will be required. MFAN’s operating hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com.
The Military Family Advisory Network does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.