Reports to: Associate Director of Research
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: November 15, 2023
For an applicant to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of one reference to email@example.com. References should include name, phone number, email, and relationship with the candidate. The application will remain open until the position is filled.
The Military Family Advisory Network(MFAN) seeks a skilled contract coder to support the organization’s ongoing research projects focused on service members, veterans, and their families. MFAN conducts national surveys to qualitatively evaluate the status of support programming and the effects of military service on family life. We are looking for a contract coder who is detail-oriented and does not miss a deadline. A successful candidate will have experience coding large qualitative data sets and the ability to communicate findings clearly. This position is ideal for a professional who is a self-starter — one who excels at managing time and projects and is equally comfortable working independently or with a team.
Position Type / Hours of work
This is a 1099 contract position with an estimated start date of November 15, 2023 and an end date of May 31, 2023. The candidate will be expected to work approximately 20 hours per week at a rate of $30 per hour. Work hours and location are flexible. As this is a fully remote position, candidates are expected to have a dedicated workspace and access to a computer and high-speed internet.
duties & responsibilities
- Assigned mixed methods data analysis, and other tasks, to be completed within set deadlines
- Meeting during business hours on occasion at mutually agreeable times
- Tracking hours and submitting invoices regularly to the vice president of operations
- Any other duties assigned to this position
required experience & skills
- Advanced degree in social sciences or a related field
- Previous experience with coding qualitative data, analyzing mixed methods data sets, and communicating key themes in a professional setting
- A passion for understanding and supporting military families
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Highly effective in written and verbal communication
- Proven self-starter with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects according to outline scope and timeline
The work environment described here is representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The qualified individual will work in a dynamic home office setting, and interact with staff and consultants, and therefore may be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday. The position will require some flexible hours.
eeo / de&i statement
MFAN provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.