As part of the 1 Million Meals Challenge education series, MFAN hosted a webinar with MILLIE on August 25, 2021. The live event focused on navigating a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) through the lens of today’s modern military family.
Have you recently experienced a challenging PCS? Not sure where to turn for help in your new community? This 30-minute webinar includes expert insight and best practices to avoid moving and relocation headaches. MFAN’s network has shared the challenges that families are facing with this year’s unique PCS season, and we are proud to provide resources and support to those who need it.
Moderator: Delia Johnson – Director of Programs, MFAN
Panelists: Kellie Artis – COO, MILLIE & Gailo Bodenhamer – Scout Director, MILLIE
Access the webinar on-demand
- Discover PCS hacks that are especially useful during this challenging moving season
- Learn about moving resources available to military families
- Unpack the difference between entitlements and allowances like Monetary Allowance in Lieu of Transportation (MALT), per diems, Dislocation Allowance (DLA), and Temporary Lodging Expenses/Allowance (TLE/TLA)
- Connect with the experts at MILLIE on DITY moves, dealing with landlords, and VA mortgages
- Find out how MFAN is convening subject matter experts and service organizations to improve privatized military housing
- MILLIE’s PCS Basics Toolkit: Learn more about allowances and entitlements, as well as just about everything else you’ll ever need to know about a PCS
- MILLIE’s Toolkit Library: Free guides on topics ranging from buying a home to comparing neighborhoods to scoping out school districts
- 1 Million Meals Challenge: Register for a MFAN food distribution event, find resources in your local community, and learn more about the ways you can help combat military hunger at militarymeals.org
- MilMap: Find local resources, meet new people, and introduce other military families to opportunities in your area
- Presentation Deck – Download the webinar slides, chock-full with linked resources