Department: Research and Program Evaluation
Reports to: Director of Research & Program Evaluation
Pay: Starting at $75,000 per year
Effective Date: May 2, 2022
The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN) seeks a skilled qualitative researcher and strategic relationship manager to support our ongoing program evaluations for projects focused on military families, service members, and veterans. A successful candidate will have extensive program evaluation and project management expertise, experience visualizing and communicating data to a wide variety of audiences, and will be a practiced relationship manager capable of prioritizing organizational strategic objectives.
MFAN conducts national surveys to qualitatively evaluate the status of support programming and the effects of military service on family life. We are looking for an Associate Director of Program Evaluation who is detail-oriented, who won’t miss a deadline, is a self-starter, excels at managing time, relationships, and projects, and is equally comfortable working independently or with a team.
Position Type / Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Standard hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET on Fridays, unless otherwise approved by department lead. As this is a fully remote position, candidates are expected to have a dedicated workspace and access to a computer and high-speed internet. There will be occasions when extended hours are required due to events, travel, meetings, or other requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning, design, execution, and reporting of MFAN’s internal and external program evaluation efforts
- Oversee project management of data analysis and coding processes across program evaluation projects
- Ensure effective and timely stewardship of funder projects
- Work closely with the Director of Research and Program Evaluation to manage program evaluation partner relationships and organizational strategic goals and objectives
- Manage a future team of data analysts responsible for executing tasks for internal and program evaluation projects
- Work closely with the Director of Research and Program Evaluation and Programs team to create, share, and implement internal best practices around program evaluation
- Collaborate with Director of Research and Program Evaluation on white papers, reports on research findings, and thought leadership
- Provide data for reporting purposes throughout the organization
- Present MFAN’s research publicly
- Represent MFAN at meetings with MSOs/VSOs, stakeholders, and policymakers
- Act as a subject matter expert in specified topic areas for MFAN
- Any other duties assigned to this position
requireD EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Ph.D. in social science, public administration, research methods, or another related field
- Relevant solution-oriented relationship management experience with the ability to maintain organizational priorities
- Previous experience with coding qualitative data, analyzing mixed-methods data, and communicating key themes in a professional setting
- A passion for understanding and supporting military families
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Highly effective in written and verbal communication
- Proven self-starter with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope and timeline
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires the ability to sit for sustained periods of time and travel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified employee will work in a dynamic home office setting, and interact with staff and consultants, and therefore may be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday. The position will require some flexible hours, and when applicable, local and national travel will be required.
Travel is on an as-needed basis for this position. Travel may be for meetings, events, presentations, etc.
Program Evaluation Data Analysts
MFAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For an applicant to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a minimum of three references to email@example.com. References should include name, phone number, email, and relation to candidate. The application will remain open until the position is filled.