Department: External Relations
Reports to: Director of External Relations
Pay: Starting at $60,000 per year
Effective Date: April 6, 2022
The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN) seeks a skilled development manager to play a critical role in supporting fundraising and stewardship, including but not limited to prospect identification and research, proposal and grant management, donor reporting and stewardship, use of donor database (CRM), and operational support. A successful candidate will have experience in nonprofit philanthropy and demonstrated success with corporate, foundation, and individual giving.
Position Type / Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Standard hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET on Fridays, unless otherwise approved by department lead. As this is a fully remote position, candidates are expected to have a dedicated workspace and access to a computer and high-speed internet. There will be occasions when extended hours are required due to events, travel, meetings, or other requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Director of External Relations to create customized proposals that provide meaningful giving opportunities for donors
- Implement a strategic plan to identify and secure new donors, including staying up to date on giving trends, charitable social events, and business developments
- Organize and analyze donor lists for use in prospect and pipeline development
- Conduct research on all new donors to identify prospective mid-range and major donors as well as corporations and private foundations
- Work with the Development team to review current and new donor data regularly to make strategic decisions regarding activities with portfolio donors
- Oversees, creates, and provides information and reports for donor meetings and campaign priorities
- Management of current grant calendar for open grant cycles and prospective grants
- Management of grant reporting calendar and support ongoing grant reports
- Implement a stewardship plan that provides regular touchpoints with donors to communicate the impact of giving
- Coordinate individual appeals in print, email, website, and social media
- Manages data production for donors’ reports, pledge reviews, pledge reminders, matching gift programs, etc. Report preparation and tracking support require strong Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, and data management skills
- Provides advanced administrative support of the fundraising pipeline and calendar
- Provides general support to the Director of External Relations as needed
- Any other tasks assigned to this position
requireD EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 3-5 years of development experience within a nonprofit
- Proficient in donor database management, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge highly preferred
- Superior organizational skill and ability to set and meet deadlines
- Project management experience
- Remote work experience preferred
- Appreciation for military life and understanding of the military and veteran organization landscape
- Polish in all written and verbal communications with superior attention to detail
- Solution-oriented with the ability to maintain organizational priorities
- Proven self-starter with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outline scope and timelines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires the ability to sit for sustained periods of time and travel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified employee will work in a dynamic home office setting, and interact with staff and consultants, and therefore may be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday. The position will require some flexible hours, and when applicable, local and national travel will be required.
Travel is on an as-needed basis for this position. Travel may be for meetings, events, presentations, etc.
There are no direct reports for this position.
MFAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For an applicant to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three references to email@example.com. References should include name, phone number, email, and relation to candidate. The application will remain open until the position is filled.