Department: Research and Program Evaluation
Reports to: Associate Director of Research
Pay: Starting at $65,000 per year
Effective Date: May 2, 2022
The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN) seeks a skilled qualitative researcher to support our ongoing research projects focused on military families, service members, and veterans. A successful candidate will have qualitative research experience, be detail oriented, won’t miss a deadline, excels at managing time, relationships, and projects, and is equally comfortable working independently or with a team.
Position Type / Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Standard hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET on Fridays, unless otherwise approved by department lead. As this is a fully remote position, candidates are expected to have a dedicated workspace and access to a computer and high-speed internet. There will be occasions when extended hours are required due to events, travel, meetings, or other requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day project management of all research projects with the oversight of the Associate Director of Research and Program Evaluation
- Code and analyze data in a variety of research projects
- Produce reports of analyzed data for team members and outside stakeholders
- Perform quality control on data analysis
- Support projects with funding partners and ensure that tasks remain on track for goals and deadlines
- Quickly adapt and adjust to scheduling and target changes to fit the needs of the project, team, and partner
- Utilize project management software to track tasks and deadlines
- Any other tasks assigned to this position
requireD EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Master’s degree or 5 years of relevant research experience
- Previous experience with coding qualitative data, analyzing mixed methods data set, and communicating key themes in a professional setting
- A passion for understanding and supporting military families
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Highly effective in written and verbal communication
- Proven self-starter with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outline scope and timeline
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires the ability to sit for sustained periods of time and travel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified employee will work in a dynamic home office setting, and interact with staff and consultants, and therefore may be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday. The position will require some flexible hours, and when applicable, local and national travel will be required.
Travel is on an as-needed basis for this position. Travel may be for meetings, events, presentations, etc.
There are no direct reports for this position.
MFAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For an applicant to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a minimum of three references to email@example.com. References should include name, phone number, email, and relation to candidate. The application will remain open until the position is filled.